Personal Items Insurance in Australia

You might decide to take out personal items insurance (also known as valuables insurance) if you own certain things that have a high individual value, such as a laptop, sporting equipment, camera, jewellery or art, and which may not be covered under a home and contents or travel insurance policies. Some of the options available under personal items insurance include the ability to cover items from accidental damage, loss or theft away from home. You can even choose to have those items covered separately when you travel nationally and internationally, as most travel insurance policies limit the amount claimed for any one item.

Often an insurer who offers contents insurance will also offer separate personal items insurance as an itemised add-on to the home contents policy.