Motorbike & Scooter Insurance

If you own a motorbike or scooter, you can find policies that can insure against loss of damage to your motorcycle and motorcycle apparel including bike leathers and helmets as well as damage to other vehicles and property and your liability. These are very similar to the types of insurance available to cars and other private motor vehicles.

  • Mandatory motor vehicle accident personal injuries insurance is required by each state ad territory and is included in your motorbike or scooter registration cost. It is not an alternative to taking out a policy to cover your financial liabilities.
  • Comprehensive – usually covers storm, flood and fire damage to your own bike, damage to your protective clothing, damage to other people’s property, as well as other risks, plus legal costs. It sometimes also covers accidental damage
  • Third Party – covers damage to other people’s property and legal costs, but not damage to your own bike
  • Third Party Fire and Theft– Third Party with some add-on features, often offered as an option, with cover up to a set limit.