Tax in Australia – Why Using an Accountant is Best

We highly recommend that you use an accountant to prepare your tax return. Because of the “temporary resident” status of most Kiwis in Australia, there are some fairly complex issues that need to be considered when filing a tax return and you may be entitled to tax breaks in relation to your residency status, especially if you still have property like a house or business in New Zealand. Most accountants are not expensive for a single, simple tax return, and can be located quite easily.