Working with Children – Western Australia

In Western Australia, the check needed to work with children is called the Working With Children Check, and is performed by the WA WWC Screening Unit. All convictions (including juvenile), spent convictions, pending charges, non-conviction charges, allegations made to police and/or disciplinary information from child-related employers on a person’s record are taken into consideration when issuing or refusing to issue a Working with Children Check.

There are different fees for the Working with Children Check for people in paid employment ($82) and people who are volunteering or doing internships ($11). To obtain a Working with Children Check, you should go to an Australia Post outlet, who will have the forms and be able to lodge the application with the fee for you.

Once you have a Working with Children Check in Western Australia, it is valid for 3 years.